Blog. Chicken Scratch.
Blog. Chicken Scratch.
Hurricanes are bad. There are no two ways about it. As of writing this, I am sitting in Florida and I feel like I’m looking down the barrel of a loaded gun with Hurricane Dorian predicted to hit us in just a few days.
I’ve been watching the news and it feels like it’s doom and gloom everywhere I look. There’s almost an excitement about the coming destruction with the media as they predict the worst-case scenarios nearly 24 hours a day.
Don’t get me wrong. It’s important to be prepared and aware. We have our gallons of water, food storage, gas stoves and I even finally broke down and bought a generator. But instead of focusing on just the negatives, here’s a quick read on five positive and good things to come from a hurricane.
1. Communities Care. I’ve received multiple calls and messages from neighbors and people in the community making sure we have everything we need. It’s nice to see people care for the well being of others in times of a potential emergency.
2. Priorities. It seems like any time there is a major crisis, it helps put our priorities in check. Be kind. Help others. Share. Love each other. Cherish family and relationships more than material things.
3. Family Time. It’s a tropical version of a snow day. With most things shut down and schools being closed, friends and family gather together to keep an eye on the storm. Stay out of the elements and take your mind off things by playing a round of What The Film?! or Camping with Sasquatch. With the potential of power outages, there’s no better excuse to put the screens down and come together at the table for a board game.
4. Service. After the storm, there are lots of opportunities to serve others. Whether it’s through the Red Cross, Helping Hands, Catholic Charities or Jewish Community Centers many religions and charities coordinate cleanup groups. It was through helping with Hurricane Irma cleanup that Lethal Chicken Games was formed.
5. Optimism. When the storm passes, the skies are blue and things eventually get back to normal, there’s a certain amount of optimism that we made it through the storm and either things worked out just fine, or with the help of our community, things will get better. Either way, there always seems to be hope and optimism once the hurricane is gone.
I’m hoping damage is kept to a minimum with Hurricane Dorian and that everyone is kept safe. And maybe, just maybe we wind up with a little extra optimism and family time.
#Hurricane #hurricanedorian #dorian #optimism #goodnews #service #familytime #priorities #communitiescare #service #familygames #boardgames #partygames #LethalChickenGames #WTF #WhatTheFilm #campingwithsasquatch #lethalchicken
Lethal Chicken Games, enforcing fun since 2017.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies