Lethal Chicken Games Online Privacy Statement and Children’s Privacy Statement View our Children’s Privacy Practices below
Updated May 22, 2023 INTRODUCTION This Privacy Statement applies to the web Sites, Mobile Apps or Apps, and other online services, including connected products (collectively the “Services”) provided by Lethal Chicken Games, Inc. and or one or more of its subsidiaries. (collectively, "Lethal Chicken Games", "we", "our", or "us"). This Privacy Statement governs your use of our Services, regardless of how you access or use them. By “Sites”, we mean any website or URL of ours that we have linked to this Privacy Statement and all features, applications, content, and downloads that are operated by us and that are available through the Sites. By “Mobile Apps” and “Apps”, we mean our products and services that we make available via mobile telecommunications platforms and/or through social networking platforms or app stores. Each time you access and/or use the Services, you agree to be bound by and comply with all of the terms of this Privacy Statement. Do not use the Services if you do not agree to all of the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you are visiting the Sites, please also review the Sites’ Terms and Conditions as you will be bound by them. Use of Apps and other Services, like connected products, may be subject to an End-User License Agreement (EULA). Specific Services may provide more detailed explanations of how data is collected, used, stored, or disposed of, and may provide additional specific options for you to choose how and what type of information to provide.
We want you and your family to have fun using our Services, and urge you and your family to follow common sense whenever disclosing personal information - in our Services or anywhere else. OVERVIEW We encourage you to review our complete Privacy Statement in detail, as it includes important information, but provide a short summary for convenience. You can also link to specific topics by using our Table of Contents. CHILDREN We take many special precautions to protect the privacy of children. In general, we define “children” as users under 13, but adhere to local definitions of “children” where a different age applies.
In our Services intended for children, we do not collect personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number, or home address) from children without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, except in limited circumstances authorized by law.
We collect some information (like IP address, mobile device UDID, operating system, etc.) automatically and use technology like cookies to provide functionality and support our operations.
We do not ask for more personal information than is necessary for a child to participate in an activity.
We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing personal contact information.
Parents can access and ask us to update or delete their children’s information.
WHAT WE COLLECT – ADULTS AND TEENS We collect information from adults and teens to serve your needs, manage our content and advertising, operate efficiently, and improve our products and services.
We collect personal contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, from adults and teens when voluntarily submitted, including when needed to fulfill transactions. Registration may be required to use some Services.
We may obtain information from commercial sources and combine it with information we have collected.
Certain information may be collected automatically in our Services, like your IP address, UDID, browser setting, operating system, referring domain, language preferences, mobile carrier if you are using a mobile device, general location (e.g., zip code, but not specific address without consent) and other information.
We, or third parties may also collect certain information via our Services. That information may be used to serve you ads for our products when you visit other sites.
You may be able to post or upload content, like comments, reviews, photos, etc. Registration may be required.
We may use monitoring and filtering technology to prevent children from posting personal contact information without parental consent at Services directed to children.
COOKIES AND TECHNOLOGY
Our Services use technology, like cookies and web beacons, to manage registrations or access to certain features, store your settings and preferences, conduct age-screening, offer you personalized content, shop, help us understand the features that appeal to visitors, and manage advertising, among other things.
We also work with third parties who offer analytics or deliver targeted ads online or through Apps. They use technology and collect device identifiers, such as your IP address or mobile UDID, and information on your activities, to do so. You may be able to opt out of receiving targeted ads on our Services. You will still see ads, although they may be less relevant to you.
Some of our sites might place their own cookies on your device to offer you targeted ads for our products and services when you visit other sites.
Tools are available to help you control some of these technologies.
USE OF INFORMATION We use all information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, understand our consumers, and manage content and advertising.
CHOICES We respect your choices about receiving promotional offers and updates from us.
APP CONTROLS Your device may allow you to block or manage push notifications, location information, in-app purchases, or ability to access the web.
SHARING We may share information, including personal contact details and other information
We share all information we obtain within our family of companies, and with our agents and service providers.
We share personal contact details (e.g., name; address; email address; phone number) for adults and teens with third parties for marketing purposes with your consent, except, as is customary with catalogue businesses, we will share mailing addresses (but not e-mail addresses) with other catalogue companies whose products and services may be of interest to you unless you opt out.
We share information about usage and interests that we obtain through cookies and technology with advertising agents and service providers, and obtain consent if required by applicable law.
We share any information we obtain as necessary to satisfy a legal request, protect property or personal safety, when a business is bought or sold, or as otherwise allowed or required by law.
LINKS Lethal Chicken Games Services may link to or use other content from the Internet, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours. Your computer or mobile device settings may allow you to block or partially block web access, but those settings may not be effective in all cases.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
SECURITY We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe.
OUR LOCATION; DATA TRANSFERS Lethal Chicken Games’ Services and the servers that make our Services available are governed by U.S. law and may be located in the U.S. or other countries that may have different privacy laws than where you live. The use of our Services is subject to the collection, transfer, processing, and use of data in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Do not use the Services if you do not agree to this Privacy Statement.
UPDATES We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Statement online. We will not change how we handle previously collected information without providing notice, and, as applicable, obtaining your consent.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights.
DO NOT TRACK We do not take action to respond to do not track signals available on some browsers.
QUESTIONS We strive always to be transparent and clear about our policies. Please contact us if you have questions. Contact us.
Table of Contents
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS
A SPECIAL NOTE TO KIDS
What Are Lethal Chicken Games’s Children’s Privacy Practices?
a. What Information Is Collected from Children and How Is It Used? b. Can My Child Access the Web Through Your Sites or Apps? c. Can I Access, Update and Review Information You Have About My Child?
What Are Lethal Chicken Games' Privacy Practices for Adults and Teens?
a. What Personal Contact Information Is Collected from Adults and Teens? b. What Information Is Collected When I Shop Online, Download Apps, Use a Connected Product or Use a Wireless Service?
Can I Post or Upload Content at Lethal Chicken Games Websites?
Does Lethal Chicken Games Collect Information Automatically or through Technology, Like Cookies and Pixel Tags, and What Choices Do I Have?
What Does Lethal Chicken Games Do With The Information It Collects?
How Can I Update or Change My Preferences About How Lethal Chicken Games Contacts Me Directly?
Does Lethal Chicken Games Share Information About Me With Others?
Can I Link to the Internet from Your Websites and Apps?
What Security Measures Does Lethal Chicken Games Take to Safeguard Personal Information?
Will My Information Be Transferred to Another Country?
How Will I Know If You’ve Updated Your Privacy Statement?
What are My California Privacy Rights?
Do you Respond to Do Not Track Signals?
Who Can I Contact with Questions?
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS AND LEGAL GUARDIANS: Wherever we refer to “children” or a “child” in this Privacy Statement, we generally mean children under 13, consistent with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), but honor local definitions of a “child” where different age thresholds apply to Services offered in those jurisdictions. Please help us protect your children's privacy by instructing them never to provide personal contact information (like their full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, etc.) without your permission.
A SPECIAL NOTE TO CHILDREN: Children should get a parent's or legal guardian's permission before giving out personal contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, or any other personal information, to Lethal Chicken Games or to anyone else.
1. What Are Lethal Chicken Games’ Children’s Privacy Practices? We do not collect personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number or home address) from children through Services directed to children without consent of a parent or legal guardian except in special, limited circumstances described below. We do not ask for more information than is necessary for a child to participate in the activity. We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing personal contact information, like full name, phone number or e-mail address, online, without parental consent, such as monitoring or screening and use of filtering technology. Some Sites or areas of Sites with content for children can be identified by “kids” or “play” in the domain or subdomain. Content intended for adults may be available at such Sites, accessible through a “parents” link.
a. What Information Does Lethal Chicken Games Collect from Children and How Is It Used? To participate in special activities, like scavenger hunts, personalized pages, games or clubs, we might ask your child to "register." They can often do so anonymously by just providing a first name or user name, and password. When we ask for your child's first name, we encourage them to use a "screen name" (not their real name) that only they know. Sometimes we will ask your child to make up a special password so that only they can see their customized areas of our Services. We use technology, like cookies, to recognize visitors by their user name when they use or revisit our Services, and to provide us important information that helps us understand features and areas of most interest. We may also use these technologies to screen for age. We may also use technology for similar purposes in our Apps. We may sometimes need a child’s e-mail address and/or your e-mail address. We may ask a child for your e-mail address so we can notify you of your child’s interest in our Services. If we need more than just your child's first name (or screen name) and e-mail address for your child to participate in a particular online Service, we will ask your child for your e-mail or mailing address so that we can notify you of your child's request and get your permission. When we ask for your permission, we will tell you what we will do with the information you or your child provides us, and how you can review your child's information and ask us to delete the information. With your consent, we may collect other personal information from your child such as a last name or home address when the information is necessary for a particular activity. We don't keep your (or your child's) e-mail address unless you tell us it is okay. If social networking opportunities are available through our Services they are structured so that no personal information is shared between visitors unless parental consent is obtained. Lethal Chicken Games might collect an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) from your child without your consent, but only in the following special cases:
If a child sends a request to us, we keep their e-mail address for long enough to respond to them. Lethal Chicken Games deletes this information from our system after we answer their question. In the case of “send a friend” e-mails, we do not ask for your child’s e-mail address and only use the friends’ e-mail address to send the message.
If a child signs up for an e-mail newsletter or other activity that requires multiple online contacts with the child, we also ask the child for a parent's or legal guardian's e-mail address so we can notify you and give you an opportunity to opt out.
Occasionally, Lethal Chicken Games has special activities or promotions, like sweepstakes or contests that are open to children. We ask your child to give us your e-mail address, so that we can tell you that they have registered in a promotion or for a service. If we need more than an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) to enter your child in the promotion, award a prize, or offer the service, we will notify you, explain what information we need and why, and generally ask that you (not your child) provide it. For instance, we might ask you for your mailing address so that we can send to you, for your child, any prizes your child wins, or for your phone number so that we can contact you if your child has won. Any information we receive from you or your child in the above special circumstances will be deleted from our database once the promotion, program or activity is concluded, and after any legally required period for keeping such information is complete.
We may offer enhanced Services, including subscription-based services, which require a parent to register and establish the appropriate permission level for the child. Content and activities available may vary depending on the Service. Parents will be provided with information on the type of content and activities their child may access at the time they register and are always in charge of their child's account. Subscription fees may apply for some Services. We may ask for certain information that is not personally identifiable, like city and state, birth month and day, gender, hobbies, etc. to help us understand our visitors and improve our products and services. We also use technology to facilitate the ability to play games, to recognize returning visitors, for research, and for other purposes, including to screen under-age visitors from certain features or areas intended for older visitors, and to collect certain information automatically. We ask our advertising agency service partners under contract with us to comply with self-regulatory guidelines on targeted advertising. b. Can My Child Access the Web Through Your Services? Your child can navigate to the general Internet through most of our Services. Apps must typically be downloaded from an app store. Your computer or mobile device may enable you to restrict your child’s ability to visit other areas on the Internet and to make purchases online or through Apps. We provide information on features available through our child-directed connected products to inform parents about how the product connects to the Internet, whether the child can access non-Lethal Chicken Games content on the Internet, and if so how to control a child’s ability to access other non-Lethal Chicken Games content or services online. App stores generally require an adult mobile device owner to register to download or make purchases. Some Apps may offer options to visit an online store to make a product purchase. We encourage you to spend time with your children when they are online or using any mobile device or connected product so you understand the features of the Service and the activities they allow, and to adopt available device and browser controls that reflect your preferences about your children’s ability to access the Internet or make purchases online.
c. Can I Access, Update and Review Information You Have About My Child? If you no longer wish your child to participate in an e-mail newsletter, simply click on the link that is provided for removal or contact us at email@example.com. Upon proper identification, a parent or legal guardian may access and review the personal information we have collected about their child, update their child’s contact details, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of the information. Please note, however, if you ask us to delete your child's information, your child may not be able to participate in some of our Services.
2. What Are Lethal Chicken Games’ Privacy Practices for Adults and Teens? You do not have to share any personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, etc.) to use most of our Services, but most of our Services for adults and teens (people who are not considered “children” under applicable local law), like our e-commerce Site, contain special sections and privileges for members who register. (App stores are run by third parties and may require that you register to download or purchase an App.) We may also collect information from you offline, such as when you order a catalogue, participate in a sweepstakes or contest, or make a purchase at one of our stores. We may obtain customer lists, demographic and other information about you from commercial sources. This information may be combined with other data we have collected. We also use technology to collect certain information automatically, like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (which is the automatic number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider when you surf the Web), or unique device identifier (“UDID”), international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), mobile equipment identifier (“MEID”) or media access control “MAC”) address; computer operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Mac OS); your browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Opera); websites visited before or after you visit our Service; pages viewed and activities at our Services; and advertisements shown or clicked on. At Services for adults and teens, we may combine all information we have collected to better understand your needs, improve our Services, products and operations, manage content and advertising, send you offers and information, and better serve you. We offer parents the opportunity to manage their children’s registration and activities. We may also offer parents the opportunity to receive reports, messages and product recommendations related to their children’s interactions with our Services.
a. What Personal Contact Information Does Lethal Chicken Games Collect from Adults and Teens? Adults and teens may voluntarily provide personal contact details when registering for contests, sweepstakes, community areas, downloads, or free demos, completing our online customer surveys, registering for updates and offers or purchasing products. This may include first and last name, mailing address, phone number and an e-mail address. We may offer you the ability to receive information via SMS or MMS; by providing your mobile phone or similar number, You must agree to receive information on your mobile device to receive text messages. Please note that your service provider may impose fees to send or receive messages via SMS or MMS. We may also ask you to help us understand your interests by providing demographic information, like age, gender, or ZIP code, or information on hobbies and interests. You may be able to submit a résumé and apply for a job at some of our corporate Sites.
Manage push notifications
Manage location information
Manage/restrict in-app purchases
Manage camera, microphone, and photo reel, album or gallery permissions
- Block navigation to the web by turning off network access on the device or turning off the browser. Access to or availability of controls may vary depending on your device. Please note: Use of Apps may be subject to an End-User License Agreement (EULA) in addition to our standard Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement. Connected Products. Lethal Chicken Games offers parents and children a variety of products that may connect to the Internet. Our information collection practices in relation to child-directed connected products adhere to our data privacy practices for children. Some connected products, like connected baby monitors, are purely for parents’ use. Use of connected products typically require downloading an associated App. We provide FAQs and other information to help parents and children understand the features of the specific product (e.g., whether they collect voice or visual data), and information we collect through each connected product. Wireless Services. We may offer visitors the opportunity to register to receive offers, information and updates, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, or engage in other activities via text messaging or other wireless service. To register, visitors may be required to provide a wireless phone number, the name of their carrier, type of device, wireless e-mail address, or other information. Visitors must meet age and eligibility criteria to participate and must opt in to receive messages by sending a code, word, symbol or other information via a text message as directed in an offer, or by submitting a wireless phone number online at a registration area. To receive wireless services, visitors must confirm their understanding that they will be charged by their carrier to send and receive messages according to their applicable service plan. They may be asked to reconfirm such agreement. Standard messaging rates will apply unless otherwise indicated; if premium rates apply, visitors will be notified before registration. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any charges incurred by any visitor or anyone with access to such visitor’s device or account related to use of any wireless messaging services offered by Lethal Chicken Games. 3. Can I Post or Upload Content in Lethal Chicken Games Services? Some of our Services offer the opportunity for users to post or upload reviews, comments, videos or pictures, or engage in interactive features. We do not access your device, camera, microphone, contact list, photos, videos, or audio files unless you consent. Some of our connected products will not be fully functional if you do not enable the camera or microphone. Registration of the user, or of a parent on behalf of a child for child-directed Services, may be required to activate the Service or access all features. If social networking or other opportunities to share personal information are available through our children’s Services, they are structured so that no personal contact details are shared between visitors unless parental consent is obtained. Special rules may apply to social networking activities, so be sure to carefully review any additional posted rules, as well as our Terms and Conditions.
We support the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) as well as the self-regulatory program of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). As part of this service, our online advertisements and Sites are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide choice options to consumers that want more control. For more information about our network advertisers, including information on choices they may offer you to opt out of technologies that they control, please follow the directions on the AdChoices icon within any interest or behavior based advertisement. Services directed to adults and teens that engage in interest-based advertising may also include the AdChoices icon on the home page. Websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance offer opt-out tools for those participating in those programs. Participating network advertisers will be listed at those sites. Some third parties may offer opt-out tools on their own sites. Consult their privacy statements for more details. Opting out means that you will still see ads, but they may not be tailored to your specific interests.
Please note: Your opt-out choices are browser-specific and device-specific. If you clear your cookies from your browser on any of your devices (computer, tablet, smart phone, etc.), your opt-out choices will need to be re-set. You should check how to do this on your device(s) and operating systems.
5. What Does Lethal Chicken Games Do With The Information It Collects? We use the information we collect for the purposes indicated at the time it is provided. For instance, we use contest registration information to notify contest winners; if you purchase a product, we use the information to fulfill your order. If you shop online at one of our stores, you will automatically receive a catalogue unless you opt out. We share your catalogue mailing address (but not your e-mail address) with carefully selected companies whose products or services may interest you. Occasionally, we might also send e-mail or postal mail about upcoming Lethal Chicken Games products, updates to our Services, or promotions. We may also share information with other Lethal Chicken Games brands and Lethal Chicken Games family companies so that they can let you and your family know about products that might be of interest. Information that we or our agents or service providers collect, including information collected using technology, is used to help us understand our visitors, improve our products and services, manage our content and advertising, fulfill requests, measure the effectiveness of our advertising, maintain security of our Sites, Services, Apps, and connected products, and protect intellectual property. We also work with third parties to offer interest-based advertising and help us analyze our Services using information they or we collect, including IP address and device identifiers and information about your use of our Services.
6. How Can I Update or Change My Preferences About How Lethal Chicken Games Contacts Me Directly? If you want to stop receiving promotional updates or product information at any time, or would like to access, update, or delete your contact information, contact us here. Our mailings and e-mail will also include information on how to opt-out in the future. Efirstname.lastname@example.org mail opt-out requests will be processed in 10 business days. Postal mailing opt-out requests may take longer.
7. Does Lethal Chicken Games Share Information About Me With Others? We may share information within our family of companies, and with our agents and service providers. Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we do not share personal contact information that we receive online from or about children with other companies outside the Lethal Chicken Games family of companies for their direct marketing purposes. We share names and mailing addresses of catalogue recipients with third parties whose catalogues may be of interest to you. You can opt out at any time. With your consent, Lethal Chicken Games shares e-mail addresses with outside companies that offer products or services that may interest you. We will remove your name from the list we provide to outside companies if you contact us at:
Third parties that provide database or server maintenance or security, manage transactions, help us process and fulfill orders or requests, assist us in analyzing our offerings, or provide other similar services to Lethal Chicken Games may access certain information under contract with us. If we do provide access, we require those other companies to sign confidentiality agreements promising to keep secret any information they see. If Lethal Chicken Games believes that anyone's behavior in our Services may damage us, our Services, or any person or property, we may disclose the relevant personal information to prevent such harm. In that case, we might try to identify the wrongdoer, contact them or bring legal action against them. We may also disclose personal information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, or in response to a legal request.
9. What Security Measures Does Lethal Chicken Games Take to Safeguard Personal Information? We and our agents and affiliates use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect credit card data during transmission, and adopt internal procedures to safeguard this information in our systems. We require our service providers and vendors to adhere to industry-accepted best practices to safeguard personal contact details and other information they handle. However, no method is 100% secure. While we strive to protect the information you provide to us when you use our Services through commercially reasonable means, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and are not responsible for the security procedures of third parties.
We and our agents will deploy Sasquatch to hunt you down if you write a bad check. He's our friend cause we go Camping with Sasquatch.
When you create a password and log-in name, we recommend that you combine letters and numbers that will be difficult for others to duplicate or guess. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your personal information and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished, especially when using a shared computer.
10. Will My Information Be Transferred to Another Country? Our Services, the servers that make our Services available, and databases where we house information may be located in countries that may have privacy laws that differ from where you live. However, we take reasonable steps to safeguard personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement. By using our Services, the transfer, collection, processing and use of data will occur as specified in this Privacy Statement, our Terms and Conditions, and any other terms provided at the time of collection. If you do not consent to the transfer, collection, processing, or use of this data according to these terms, do not use the Services.
11. How Will I Know If You’ve Updated Your Privacy Statement? Please remember that we may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. When this happens, we will notify you of the new provisions by posting them on our Sites. Our Privacy Statement provides examples of data we collect, how we use it, and choices you can exercise; these examples may not be exhaustive or exclusive. We will not make a material change in how we handle personal information previously collected without notice and, as required, with consent.
12. What Are My California Privacy Rights? Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please complete and send us a Privacy Request Form. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
13. Do You Respond to Do Not Track Signals? Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals. Web browsers may incorporate or activate these features differently, making it unclear if users have consciously activated them. As a result, at this time we do not take steps to respond to such signals. You can manage your cookie preferences using your own browser settings to accept or block some or all cookies, or receive notice so you can consent to cookies. If you block all cookies some features of our Site may be unavailable to you.
14. Who Can I Contact With Questions? If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
For Lethal Chicken Games Brands:
Lethal Chicken Games Consumer Services 1600 Rosecrans Avenue Building 1A, 2nd Floor Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 In the U.S.: 310.902.6930 e-mail: alex@LethalChickenGames.com
Thanks for reading our Privacy Statement. We hope you have a better understanding of the many activities we offer and the ways in which we are working to protect your privacy when you visit our Sites or use our online services or Apps.