When I think of camping in the summer, I think of hot, miserable, round-the-clock outdoor torture. It’s hot. And it feels like there’s no escape. But here are some ways to have fun summer camping and help you not feel like a s’mores marshmallow on fire!
1. Camp in the mountains. Getting to a higher elevation usually means cooler temperatures, especially at night. In California, try the Santa Monica Mountains. On the east coast, hit the Appalachian Trail. In Florida… well, you’re in trouble. See point #2…
2. Camp near a lake. Spend the day in the water. It’ll make you forget about the heat. And if you’re in the mountains, the water will probably be pretty cold making for a nice contrast so you can quickly warm up after a cool frolic in the lake.
3. Take board games. While the sun is beating down, sit under the shade and play board games such as some rounds of the cool, new game, Camping with Sasquatch. It’s colorful, campy and has a great combination of easy for the kids, but is strategically vicious when you want it to be.
4. S’mores. But instead of the roasted kind, make it a s’mores ice cream mash. On a clean surface, dump a half-gallon of vanilla or chocolate ice cream, mash in mini marshmallows, Hershey’s chocolate bars and graham crackers. Mix thoroughly and eat it straight from the table, or serve it up in cups.
5. Turn camping into CAR-CAMPING. Check out some of the tents from Napier that will turn your car or truck into part of your tent. And then take advantage of the occasional blast of AC.
Lethal Chicken Games, enforcing fun since 2017.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies